Story Laboratory: Ted Talk Videos

 This assignment for the Story Laboratory doesn't have instructions to write a blog post on my thoughts, but I wanted to record what I did for the assignment, and I also wanted to write down some of my thoughts from when I was watching the videos.

 The video that stood out to me the most was the first one on the danger of the single story. I definitely felt very called out in a good way. It's so easy to get caught up in the idea of the single story, especially in a country like America and in a time where it's both never been easier to access multiple stories, but also never been easier to voluntarily limit the stories that you hear. I think that the Internet has done some really wonderful things for making people be more aware of the world around them. But, at the same time, you do not have to consume any media that you don't want to (which is part of what's leading to the polarization and group think that our society is experiencing). I know that this is a pretty brief blog post, but I just wanted to write down some of my thoughts from these videos.

Comments

Popular Posts